Monday, April 12, 2010

PPF1



This is something I want to start doing. I actually started doing it when I put my lucky rock on top my shoe at Handies peak to take a pic of the rock and my shoe was the only contrast I could think of to illustrate the point that me and the rock were both in that spot.

But I started thinking about it years ago on our first trip to the grand canyon and fell in love with something special about special places. They are no respector of persons...

If you want to go there you have to take your feet and place them there.

This really hit home for me when I started going off the beaten (paved and safety approved) path. Everybody out there is the same...if you want it you have to earn it by stepping your little feet one stride at a time and getting to the place. Sure money can still buy helo trips to remote locations and set you in exclusive resorts but there are places only those that go and earn the right to stand there will ever stand there.

I like that so much...

I'm going to start taking pics of Places I've Put my Feet. PPF1 is above.

3 comments:

Shaun said...

Nice!

No matter what anyone says, you can't buy sweat and you can't buy experience borne on sweat.

John F said...

So true...

And it's such a great thing. ;)

Angie said...

I couldn't agree more. There is something so much sweeter in these views than the store bought ones...